There are 5 important building blocks for Managing and IT department. The main function is to ensure that the network environment is secure and also enables employees to work productively.
1. Email Filtering is the first step in creating a secure environment. Many businesses are compromised from malicious emails sent by cyber criminals.
2. Monitoring Servers and Desktops is the backbone of a well run IT support company. An RMM or remote monitoring agents ensure that your servers and desktops can be accessed securely but also helps maintain important security updates.
3. A managed firewall protects your network form outside intrusions, this prevents hackers from getting into your network. A firewall can also prevent employees from going to virus infected websites.
4. Network Documentation helps prevent downtime. If the settings, passwords and license numbers are saves in an encrypted environment, it technicians resolve network issue in less time.
5. Data Backup is perhaps the most important step in running a great IT department. Employees sometimes delete important files, documents at time go missing or you might get hit with ransomware. In all of these cases, data backup is the way to restore your data.